1 The following component of apples contain the highest amounts of beneficial bacteria (probiotics):
- The flesh
- The peel
- The stem
- The core
Recent research shows the core of the apple contains a majority of the beneficial bacteria found in the fruit. Learn more.
2 Which of the following web browsers offers the worst privacy protections?
Google Chrome, the most popular web browser, is also the least privacy friendly. By default, Google Chrome allows any and all tracker cookies to follow your every move online and build your personality profile. Learn more.
3 Which of the following options could safely be selected as the healthiest?
- A gummy fruit snack
- A whole apple
Processed snacks and beverages will never be able to compete with real food and pure water, and as a general rule, if a product comes with heavy advertising, you can be pretty certain it’s not a healthy choice. For optimal health, eat real, whole food. A raw apple is an excellent snack that requires neither packaging nor preparation while providing many valuable nutrients and probiotic benefits. Learn more.
- Get More Multivitamin Chewing Gum
4 Coriander seed refers to the seed portion of Coriandum sativum. The leafy portion of this plant genus is known as:
Cilantro and coriander seed are names identifying the two stages of development of the plant genus Coriandum sativum. Cilantro refers to the initial leafy stage. Once it flowers and develops seeds, it becomes known as coriander. Learn more.
5 Which of the following statements is accurate?
- Researchers have found time-restricted eating (TRE) deteriorates metabolic flexibility, increases hunger and impairs satiety, resulting in weight gain
- Strength training athletes who trained while adhering to a time-restricted eating schedule increased their fat mass, lost muscle mass and decreased their maximal strength
- An eight-hour time-restricted eating schedule was found to produce severe caloric restriction and dangerous weight loss
- Researchers have found time-restricted eating improves metabolic flexibility, reduces hunger and increases fullness, resulting in weight loss
Recent research found eating all meals between 8 a.m. and 2 p.m. resulted in greater metabolic flexibility, reduced hunger and increased sense of fullness, resulting in weight loss. Learn more.
6 Who was the first man to step on the moon’s surface?
- Neil Armstrong
The Apollo 11 crew consisted of Neil Armstrong, Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin and Michael Collins. Armstrong was the first to step onto lunar soil, uttering the now famous quote: “That’s one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.” Learn more.
- Edwin “Buzz” Aldrin
- Michael Collins
- John Glenn
7 Which of the following helps activate and augment autophagy, an important process that breaks down and repairs damaged subcellular parts?
- Branched-chain amino acids
Polyphenols such as quercetin or resveratrol can be used to activate and augment autophagy. Branched-chain amino acids, colostrum and glutamine are examples of supplements that inhibit autophagy and should be avoided during fasting. Learn more.